Sunday, November 25, 2012

This I believe blog post

This I Believe                                 Lucie Pascarosa               705

I believe in care for animals. I believe that all animals deserve care, even if that care is leaving them in their natural habitat. I am not just talking about “no abuse” or “stop tying your dog to that pole in the basement.” I am talking about caring for your pets the right way, and remembering what they need. Food at least every day, fresh clean water, a friendly environment and most of all love from you. I am not talking about fish, who just need water and food. I mean animals like dogs, cats, horses if you have one. I personally love my animals. I have two cats and fish. My cats love me and my parents because we give them warmth, food, and a nice place to live. I wish I could adopt all of the cats and dogs on all of the “Sally needs a home” posters and on those television shows about animals being abused and need homes. I think that if you don’t care for your animal, you shouldn’t have one in the first place.

I believe in care for animals because there are so many out there that don’t have anyone to care for them. I mean abandoned kittens and cold puppies, starting to feel weepy yet? There are many rescue centers that take in lost and abused animals, but then put them down if they are not adopted quick enough. There are different dog breeds that take the most abuse. A couple common ones are pit bulls (fighting), and grey hounds (racing). Other commonly abused animals are horses (too much riding, racing  and using too much force), and livestock (pigs, cows, horses). If you ever see a dog on the street for a long period of time with a thick, short, heavy, metal chain  keeping it tied to a lamppost, and it is a pit bull, chances are, it isn’t cared for as much as it should be. I personally don’t think dogs ever have to be tied up, they don’t like it. These animals are the most commonly abused animals that you will hear of. Remember, these stories don’t always have a happy ending. The ASPCA doesn’t always find them in time, that is why they need your help.
  
Even though there is a lot of animal abuse in this world, there are ways that you can help. Many cats and dogs need homes and people who will take care of them, unlike their previous owners. They deserve people who will treat them right, and respect them. As corny as this sounds, I believe that these animals deserve a second chance. There are many places you can go to help out. Find out where your nearest animal shelter is, and ask if you can volunteer. You can adopt pets from the ASPCA near you. In New York City, we have an ASPCA, and they often have many different cats and kittens, puppies and dogs. I believe that getting your pet from a shelter is better than getting your dog or cat from a breeder, as they are not helping animals and can sometimes have birth defects. I think that even though there is abuse in this world, there are little things you can do like adopting and volunteering. Keep that in mind if you ever get a cat or dog

All in all, this is why I believe in care for animals, no abuse, and adopting instead of breeders. There are thousands of abused animals in the world and I know we can’t treat them all right now. But hopefully over time, there will be more care for animals, so that we won’t have to have to have a law telling us so. I believe in unconditional love and care for animals.

2 comments:

  1. Wow really great belief! I totally agree with you and I can't even watch those commercials on TV. So sad! You also did a really good job explaining why you thought it was so important for people to adopt from shelters instead of breeders and were very convincing. Nice work!

    Waniso

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice belief! i agree, care for animals is good, i hate animal abuse.
    i have a cat f my own which i adopted from a shelter, and i take good care of her.
    this post is very helpful and important to some people.
    it is good, long, and explains a lot
    amazing work!

    ReplyDelete