Friday, February 8, 2013

Dead is the New Black bloggy posty

            If anyone has read my other posts, you know that I was reading little women and I get bored easily when books aren't thrilling, so I wasn't such a fan of Little Women. So one project real I asked Giselle if she had a better book and she handed me a book with a pink cover with black dripping type saying "Dead is the New Black." I read a few pages and figures, ok, this is a classic teenage vampire story with boyfriends, cheerleading, coffins and such. Was I right? Yes. Yes I was. The main character is a girl who's family is all psychic-except for her. Her sisters can read minds, and make objects float in mid-air. Her mother works in crime solving, and as teenage vampire dramas go, there is a very unusual case, in which a girl was killed, but there was no signs of death, and so on. The book will suck you in with the fast-moving plot, even if it isn't a particurally good book in terms of quality, but it's a quick and exciting read.
          In "Dead is the New Black" Daisy, the main character is 17 years old, and goes to a high school with her best friend, who happens to be a really cute boy(go figure). He has a crush on the head cheerleader, who used to be a cheerful blonde, but is now carrying a coffin around, wearing black, and is always wearing a mysterious ankh pendant around her neck. Going back to the unusual case Daisy's mother was working on, Daisy, being used to cases like that, took her best friend, Ryan (the boy) to the morgue to look at the girls dead body. There were no signs of injury, but there was a noticeable stamp on her hand that read "opal." I haven't finished the book yet, so I couldn't tell you what it means. I'll have to find out! Moving on, I didn't mention that they took the keys from the security guard to get in. So they almost get caught in the morgue looking at the body, when Ryan hears the guard. He randomly kisses Daisy, and the guard says "Ryan, didn't I tell you to stop bringing girls in here? I thought your father took your keys away." Daisy covered him by blaming it on herself, and it just got more akward after that.
         I guess you can see why one would get sucked into these kinds of books right? They don't make you think that much ,and they're fun to read. I would recommend this book to anyone that is really bored with their current book and need a fun, quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment