Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tweak bloggy posty part 2

                So I finally finished the melancholy book Tweak with the main character and author Nic Sheff. At first I thought of the book as a disgusting, gross, and I pitied Nic who had to go through that stuff, and not how lucky I was to not have divorced parents, or a history of weird sexual stuff in my family, like Nic did. but after finishing Tweak and reading the after word, I now realize how lucky and fortunate I am to not have to worry about just about any of that stuff. I have zero interest in drugs or alcohol, because I have read four boost hat show that they can ruin your life. I have a new appreciation for Nic Sheff because it takes a lot of strength to have relapsed that many times, and still write a book (fact: Nic Sheff relapsed one more time on prescribed meds after writing Tweak in 2008).

           In the remainder of Tweak, Nic relapsed at least two more times before writing Tweak ( other than the third time after Tweak) I really hope that Nic Sheff's life has become much better since he stopped using drugs. After watching Nic Sheff on youtube, I realized how much it really affected Nic's family, mostly his dad. His father also wrote a book called "Beautiful Boy" which was about him living through his son Nic's drug addiction. In the interview, Nic admitted that he stole things from his parents, and tried to get money from them to buy drugs for his ongoing addiction.

         On the more fortunate side of life, (but of course not as well,) Nic Sheff published the book in 2008, and had been sober since 2006 until his small relapse. He is now also very close with his dad, and is trying to prevent other young people to choose to do drugs to relieve stress, or whatever the reason is. Based on another video, I think he did drugs to " fill hole that had been with him until meth." Later, he explains that he wanted to die, and that his parents helped him by getting him into rehab and helping him through the 3-5 tough years that Nic did drugs such as meth, cocaine, crack, pot, heroin, and he smoked.

           All in all, the point of this post is that I obviously think that no one should ever try drugs, even pot (gateway to other drugs; happened with Nic) becuse it doesn't just damage your body, it hurts your actual self, and the people that really care about you in this world.

            

2 comments:

  1. Wow! this is an amazing post! It's so long. I agree with you that it was hard to relate and i also liked how you felt fortunate after reading it. What Nic went through was really serious and it's true that a lot of us know it's wrong. It's a really sad thing and the fact that he had people to help him out of it was really important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you explain the books main idea i really liked it and i really want to read the book

    ReplyDelete