Thursday, September 13, 2012

Book Report Lucie Pascarosa

-->
Lucie Pascarosa          705     We'll Always Have Summer


        Over the Summer I read the addictive and amazing book, We'll Always Have Summer,  the sequel to The Summer I Turned Pretty, and It's not Summer Without You. The trilogy is about a girl named Isabel, or "Belly" who has been in love with Conrad who she is extremely close to, as him and his brother Jeremiah are her mother's (deceased) best friends son. But as the story goes along, you see that things change, as Belly gets older. Read on to find out more.

        First, in We'll Always Have Summer, Belly is in a relationship with Jeremiah, who loves her, and wants to marry her, which I thought was very rash, and that they were too young to get married. So, 58 pages in the book Jeremiah gets down on one knee and proposes to Belly. She says yes even though they broke up for a week and he was seeing another girl in the meantime, which she found out at a party that his fraternity threw. But as I said, she agrees to marry him, and buy an apartment with him. In the meantime, the wedding is only two months away, and no one else approves of Jeremiah and belly's decision to marry young, including her mother who refuses to go to the wedding. I thought that Jeremiah was just trying to make up for what he did, and he didn't take it that seriously. On the other hand, Conrad also still loves Belly, and thinks he is making a big mistake if he doesn't confess to Belly. I thought Conrad and Jeremiah were both a bit selfish because neither of them took their relationships with Belly seriously enough. this is when the book starts to get really dramatic...

       Next in We'll Always Have Summer, Belly's having second thoughts about marrying Jeremiah, and she is thinking about Conrad, who I thought was secretly miserable. Belly says she just nostalgic but I think Belly has always loved Conrad, because as she said on page 239, "Conrad and I were linked, we would always be linked."  He confessed to her, and she admitted to herself that she had loved even when she was two days away from her wedding with his brother. The day before the wedding, Belly tells Jeremiah that something went on with Conrad the winter before. He gets mad and upset and in the morning of the wedding, Belly's brother comes in to tell her that Jeremiah's gone. I thought at that moment neither of them wanted to get married. Eventually Conrad finds him and brings him back, but neither of them want to get married and they don't. Belly loved Conrad, and Jeremiah knew that all along. 

        In the end, Conrad marries Belly, and Jeremiah forgives him. I thought this book was a really good ending to the trilogy because of the constant guessing of which boy Belly was going to pick. The problem was that we don't get to find out what happens to Jeremiah. Otherwise I thought this was an amazing book!



1 comment:

  1. I *LOVED* this entire series!! It was literally my life while I was reading them. I like how you went into detail about the complex love triangle between the three and the constant emotional contradictions Belly faces. I kind of liked how you didn't find out what happened to Jeremiah however, because it showed that the whole story ended up being mostly about Belly and Conrad after all.

    ReplyDelete